Black and White photograph of the newly constructed Porter Hall in 1927 that served as the library for the campus from 1927 until 1979. The building was named for Ebenezer F. Porter who was a member of the state legislature from Crawford County in the early 1900s. Porter successfully sponsored the bill to establish a Manual Training Normal School in Pittsburg and was also influential in appropriating initial funding for the college to construct Russ Hall.
Kansas -- Crawford County -- Pittsburg;
Digital image copyright 2014, Pittsburg State University. All rights reserved. For more information contact the Leonard H. Axe Library Special Collections, PSU, Pittsburg, KS 66762.
Kansas State Teachers College--Photographs; Universities and colleges--Kansas--Pittsburg--Photographs; College buildings--Kansas--Pittsburg--Photographs; Pittsburg (Kan.)--History--Photographs