The Horace Mann Laboratory School operated on the Pittsburg State University campus from the late 1920s until the early 1970s. Pittsburg State University opened in 1903 as the State Manual Training Normal School, a teacher’s college. The Laboratory School was named after Horace Mann (1796-1859), the “Father of American Education.” The Laboratory School, which was built by the Pittsburg Board of Education, taught Kindergarten through the 6th grade, and served as a training school for college students studying for a career in education, The scrapbooks cover the years 1942-1953.

Follow

Submissions from 2017

PDF

Horace Mann Scrapbook 1942-43, Horace Mann School, Kansas State Teachers College

PDF

Horace Mann Scrapbook 1947, Horace Mann School, Kansas State Teachers College

PDF

Horace Mann Scrapbook 1948, Horace Mann School, Kansas State Teachers College

PDF

Horace Mann Scrapbook 1948-49, Horace Mann School, Kansas State Teachers College

PDF

Horace Mann Scrapbook 1952, Horace Mann School, Kansas State Teachers College

PDF

Horace Mann Scrapbook 1953, Horace Mann School, Kansas State Teachers College

PDF

Horace Mann Scrapbook January 1951, Horace Mann School, Kansas State Teachers College

PDF

Horace Mann Scrapbook June 1950, Horace Mann School, Kansas State Teachers College

PDF

Horace Mann Scrapbook June 1951, Horace Mann School, Kansas State Teachers College

PDF

Horace Mann Scrapbook May 1949, Horace Mann School, Kansas State Teachers College

PDF

Horace Mann Scrapbook October 1950, Horace Mann School, Kansas State Teachers College