Download Full Text (115 KB)
The is collection consists of photos, post cards, and newspaper clippings largely relating to the Missouri-Kansas-Texas (Katy) Railroad and the “Katy” depot and office in Parsons, Kansas.
In 1870 the Missouri-Kansas-Texas (M.K.T.) Railroad was incorporated in Junction City, Kansas. The railroad connected several military forts in Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, and Arkansas. In 1870, the town of Parsons, Kansas was founded for the purpose of being a hub where the lines to Junction City, Kansas and Sedalia, Missouri met. The original M.K.T. Station was built in 1871 and was torn down and replaced by a new building in 1895. On March 18th, 1912, the “Katy” Station and Offices caught fire and were completely destroyed. Most vital records kept in the building were lost.
Business and Industry, Transportation
Business | Engineering
Size of Collection
.25 linear feet
Dates of Collection
SpC MS 0350
Special Collections, Leonard H. Axe Library, "Kemper, Lucille Sturm, Collection, 1912–1994" (2021). Finding Aids. 360.