Download Full Text (130 KB)
A collection of ledgers from Wolfer Drug Store in Yates Center during the 1870s-1880s.
Wolfer Drug Store was started by James M. Wolfer (c1852-?), the first drug store in Yates Center, Kansas and was the third store in the town. Yates Center, the county seat of Woodson County, was founded in 1875 and named after the original owner of the town site, Abner Yates. In 1880, the store was sold to Dr. Samuel Jewett Bacon (1847-1908) who operated the store until the early 1900s.
Chemicals and Drugs
Size of Collection
.4 linear feet
Dates of Collection
SpC MS 0235
Samford, Dorothy, "Wolfer Drug Store Collection, 1878-1884" (2020). Finding Aids. 240.