Black and White 1973 reproduction photograph Carney Hall and the Stadium in 1922. This photo was taken from the top of the old concrete smoke stack at the KSTC Heating Plant. The construction of the Stadium began in 1922 and was finally completed in 1924. It was originally dedicated as Brandenburg Stadium, in honor of President Brandenburg, in November 1924. In September 1989, the stadium was rededicated as Carnie Smith Stadium, in honor of the long-time coach, and William A. Brandenburg Field.
Kansas -- Crawford County -- Pittsburg;
Digital image copyright 2014, Pittsburg State University. All rights reserved. For more information contact the Leonard H. Axe Library Special Collections, PSU, Pittsburg, KS 66762.
Kansas State Manual Training Normal School--Photographs; Kansas State Teachers College--Aerial Photographs; Universities and colleges--Kansas--Pittsburg--Aerial Photographs; College buildings--Kansas--Pittsburg--Aerial Photographs; Pittsburg (Kan.)--History--Aerial Photographs